PARISH NEWS & UPCOMING EVENT
Click on the Weekly Bulletin to view the Mass Intentions, Readings and Parish Announcements.
We would like to thank all of our weekly bulletin advertisers.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH HOLY INNOCENTS PARISH
Add your name to our email list by clicking on the flocknote icon
PARISH SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: Beginning Wednesday, June 1st, the parish office will be opened M – F 9:00 am to 1:30
MASS CHANGE AUGUST 8TH – 12TH: Due to the Ecumenical Vacation Bible School, during the week of August 8th, the 12:15pm Masses on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be moved to Our Lady of Pompeii Chapel.
SOLEMNITY OF ST. DOMINIC: Monday August 8th – Solemnity of St. Dominic 7am Mass, 12:15pm Mass (at OLP), 7pm Solemn Holy Hour. We hope you can join us to celebrate the feast day of the founder of the Dominicans!
PASTOR’S GREETINGS: August 7th
LITURGY NOTES AND READINGS FOR THE 19th SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME: August 7th
Heart Speaks to Heart
Devotions Held Every First Friday of the Month at Holy Innocents
12:15 PM Daily Mass
12:45 PM – 5:45 PM Eucharistic Adoration
6:00 PM Candlelit Mass
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: A BEGINNER’S GUIDE: more information
FINANCE CORNER: Weekly: July 31st $7,016
Enter Username: Holy
Thank you for your support of your parish!
Saturday, September 17th. Vendors interested in signing up, see our parish website: hiparish.org or stop by the church office for an application. Hand made or hand crafted items only will be accepted.
BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT GROUP: Are you experiencing grief after the loss of a loved one? Bereavement is the process of mourning and adjusting to your loss. Holy Innocents is offering a bereavement support group which provides insight to mourning and an opportunity to share your grief in the company of others who are experiencing a similar loss. The group will get Thursday evenings from 7-8PM beginning September 23. If you are interested or would like additional information, please call the church office at 769-0025.
Personnel change, starting this September 1st :
• Fr. Leo Camurati will be taking a new job as a chaplain and teacher at the Montfort Academy. He will continue to be in residence at Holy
Innocents and to assist in the parish.
• Fr. Ken Letoile, who has just completed 8 years as the Prior Provincial of the Dominican Province of St. Joseph, will be our new parochial vicar for Holy Innocents. He will be assisting with Masses during the month of August, be abroad for much of the fall, and begin fulltime ministry in the parish at the end of November. Welcome, Fr. Ken!
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION: Holy Innocents Religious Education is happy to announce on-line registration for the 2022-2023 school year. Please go to the Religious Education tab above and click on Registration Information for forms and links to register either on-line or via paper forms and check.
ONLINE FAITH FORMATION PROGRAM: You are invited to check out the FORMED site, which is like a “Netflix” of Catholic resources giving you 24/7 access to over 300 quality Catholic online programs, 99+ movies, 101+ audios, and 98+ E- Books. It’s Free! Tuesday learn about St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, Virgin and Martyr, by Watching: Edith Stein or Read: Edith Stein and Companions. The 11th is the Memorial of Saint Clare, Virgin. Watch: Clare and Francis, Francis: The Knight of Assisi, or Saint
Francis. You can also listen to: Saint Philomena: A Saint for our Times or Truth to Inspire: St. Philomena.
GET INVOLED and UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Please join us every 2nd, 3rd & 4th Friday of the month at 3pm to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet in Song
- Coffee and Donuts – every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month following the 11am Mass. Contact the office (914-769-0025) if you would like to volunteer to help with this service.
- The Rosary Altar Society: Meetings are held on the first Sunday of the month at Our Lady Pompeii Chapel after the 10am Mass. Anyone wishing to join our group please contact Ginny Brentano @ 769-2854.
- Fr. Leo’s Book Club – Interested in reading some of the classics of Christian Literature? The Book Club meets on Wednesdays at 5:15 pm in the Social Hall. All are welcome to join. Schedule Change: Book Club is adjusting for the summer to monthly meetings. We will be meeting the first Wednesday of each month and discussing the whole book. The month’s selection for our August 10th meeting: Orthodoxy, by G.K. Chesteron. Copies are available in the office.
- Holy Innocents Church Care Group: Get involved in caring for our church by cleaning and beautifying our parish space, keeping our facility looking its very best. We will meet on Saturdays twice monthly. Each participant may commit time according to their availability. All are welcome, ages 12 and up. (Yes, it can be a community service opportunity!) Masks and distancing protocols will be followed. Contact Peggy DiCarlo (email: email@example.com or text: 914-450-9597) for more information.
- The Holy Innocents Knitting Group: meets the first Thursday of every month in the social hall conference room at 7:30 PM. No experience necessary: we are happy to teach you. We are working on several charity projects. For more information please contact Liz Dieter or Kathy Dunne via the office.
- Ecumenical Vacation Bible School: August 8-12 at Holy Innocents Church – 9 am – Noon
Welcome Back! Go to Pleasantville EVBS to register!
Theme for this year: Discovery on Adventure Island, Quest for God’s Great Light
Craft Fair: September 17th at HI
YOUTH GROUP: All Students in Grades 9-12 are welcome. For information, please contact Julia DalCeredo.
to the Parish Office during office hours (M-F, 9am-3:30pm). Do not leave donations in the entrances.
JIGSAW PUZZLE SWAP: Many people got through COVID lockdown by building jigsaw puzzles. If you have puzzles to swap, bring them to Mass on Sunday and leave them on the table in the parish hall. You’re welcome to take any puzzles left there.
Parish E-mail Newsletter: If you would like to receive future e-mails, please sign up under the “Contact Us” link on the top right of this page.
Please pray for the safety of our police officers, firefighters, all first responders and all health care workers, and for the safety of our men and women in the military, especially those who are serving overseas.
POPE FRANCIS’ MESSAGE: Please take a few minutes and read Pope Francis’s message to the city of Rome and the world. It is simple, direct and beautiful. Click Here for Pope Francis’s Message
THE DOMINICAN ROSARY Glorious Mysteries: click on arrow below to start Rosary; double click to enlarge
LETTER FROM OUR DOMINICAN PROVINCIAL: Child Abuse
Gifts to Holy Innocents Church: Please consider remembering Holy Innocents Church in your will or estate. These gifts have a lasting impact on our parish.