FROM OUR ADMINISTRATOR September 10, 2020
I hope you all continue to be well during this time. I have a few updates to share with you.
First, I am very glad to be able to say that so far I have received nothing but good news of negative test results from parishioners. From what we know thus far, it seems that all the safety measures we have in place are indeed working.
I have been in very close contact with the Westchester County Department of Health regarding all of the practical questions regarding our recent experience of COVID-19. I’m so grateful for all the counsel they have provided, and it’s in light of that counsel that we are now moving forward. Here are a few details:
- the church, parish office, and religious education area are going to be deep-cleaned this weekend
- the Dept. of Health released me from my own required quarantine as of this past Monday, September 7th
- we will not be having public Masses this weekend
- Masses will resume this coming Monday, September 14th with all of the safety protocols that we have become accustomed to (masks, social distancing, cleaning between Masses, and sanitizing of hands)
In other matters, I have two updates to offer:
- Roxanne Surace has graciously agreed to serve as our Religious Education Coordinator for this year. I am so grateful for her willingness to take on this responsibility. Roxanne was recommended by Maria Lamorgese, and that is quite a qualification all in itself. Roxanne will be reaching out to parents and catechists soon and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julia DalCeredo will be helping out with our youth group program this year as Youth Group Assistant. I am excited for all that she will bring to our youth group. I hope you will soon have the opportunity to meet her and welcome her to our parish.
Once again, I would like to extend an enormous thank-you to all of you who have offered so many gestures of support and kindness during this last week and a half. It is so appreciated.
I will continue to keep you posted. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Many blessings,